We have had a lot of change in the last month. We are ready to have this baby so we can slow down! We are still scheduled for a c-section on March 5th, but we will have to see if she comes early. I feel like I can't grow anymore, so she's got to come earlier, but I could be totally wrong!
We have made a lot of changes in and to our home. We have been trying to simplify, getting rid of things and starting a huge garage sale pile in the home. We (Brad) have been learning that just because something is a perfectly good "thing" doesn't mean it is perfect for our family to keep. If we don't use it, it has to go. We have a lot of things that we haven't used in the 5 years we've been married and it's time to let go! Brad has pointed out that I have not used my wedding gown in 5 years and that it does take up a lot of closet space....true, but, ladies back me up, THAT is different.









We have made a lot of changes in and to our home. We have been trying to simplify, getting rid of things and starting a huge garage sale pile in the home. We (Brad) have been learning that just because something is a perfectly good "thing" doesn't mean it is perfect for our family to keep. If we don't use it, it has to go. We have a lot of things that we haven't used in the 5 years we've been married and it's time to let go! Brad has pointed out that I have not used my wedding gown in 5 years and that it does take up a lot of closet space....true, but, ladies back me up, THAT is different.
Will is getting more and more settled in his new room. Here are some pics of it now. We have a few more things to add to it, but for the most part it is finished.
We also finished the Girl's room and only have a few more things to hang on the wall. It is so girly. I didn't realize how much fun I was going to have setting up this room.
We used the Armiore that was in our living room in Will's new room. Brad and I were able to find a new entertainment center with some storage space. The new furniture is fun, but I was most excited that the whole process was quick...we found something we both liked and felt good about it. I like to make quick purchases and Brad wants to look at everything and find the very best deal. Our shopping styles can be frustrating for both of us. Me, because I'm impatient, and for him, because I'm impatient. :o)
The next big changes happened this last weekend.
The first one we knew it was coming because we really made the decision about a month ago. Our sweet, cute, hyper Barney left us to be with a new family. This decision was years in the making. We only had him for a little over 3 1/2 years, but he has been a handful. Many of you have heard my sob stories about all of his issues and our emotional rollercoaster about whether to keep him or not. The time had come. We managed him with 1 child, but I just could not imagine him with 2. He wasn't getting the attention he needed and we wanted him to have an owner that would be better suited for him. We are relieved he is gone, and can now laugh about the memories we had with him...here are a few:
Things Barney destroyed or damaged:
Chewed off a corner of our brand new area rug
Destroyed a water hose
Removed the gutters on the sides of the house
Removed newly installed termite monitoring stations in the backyard
Removed our lighting system in the backyard
Dug up the control wiring for the sprinkler system
Chewed through the air conditioning wiring outside ($200+ to fix)
Destroyed 4 pairs of shoes (Amy - 2, Brad -1, Amy's Dad 1)
Almost completely destroyed our backyard landscaping
Put several rips and tears into Brad's grill cover
Tore our down comforter twice resulting in a "feathering" of our bedroom
Destroyed many fence boards
Mamed many of Will's stuffed animals, little people figures, and other toys
Added many scratches to our wood flooring in the entry way
Destroyed one throw pillow and put holes in 3 of our couch cushions
Destroyed one throw pillow and put holes in 3 of our couch cushions
Here are some miscellaneous high maintenance happenings of Barney:
times darted out of the gate running into the street - too many to count
getting friendly with our legs, visitors and the coach cushions - too many to count
almost pulling our arms out of the sockets while walking him - too many to count
paying for very expensive vet procedures trying to find out what is wrong with his ears, skin and hair - too many (atleast $2000 worth, one of which was an allergy test to find out he is allergic to wheat, barley, rye, beef, turkey, cats, ragweed, many grasses, and many trees)
Foods we tried that he wouldn't be allergic to - atleast 5
Pest control service to rid our home of ticks - 1 time, but $400+ dollars later
Times we cleaned up Barney's throw up in our car - about 20
Dinners/lunches/snacks we lost to Barney's super fast counter surfing abilities - too many to count
Times he stole rumballs off of the counter at Christmas time and had a tummy ache afterwards - 1
Times we went to dog training and the trainer told us the problem wasn't Barney, but his owners - 1
Well, I will stop here, although I know there are more memories of Barney. He really will have a special place in our heart. We hope the Golden Retriever Rescue finds the perfect home for him.



And, the last thing is that we bought a minivan! I can officially be a soccer mom now!

4 comments:
Hey Amy! Welcome to the minivan club! We love ours...its so roomy. Maybe not very cool, but at this point in my life, I don't really care anymore. And I'll be praying for Baby Girl's safe arrival.
Your house is lookin great!! I LOVE the chandelier in baby girl's room! Everything is beautiful!
Lots of changes!! We are praying for you guys!!
i love all the rooms! y'all did a great job!
can't wait to meet little baby girl!
Love the rooms! Looks like you got it all done in time--congrats on Miss Carissa Kate!!!
Post a Comment