Monday, March 3, 2008

Barney Update

Today I got a call from the family that took Barney in to foster him. They said that he has been adopted already.

A couple called Golden Beginnings rescue requesting to adopt a very active golden. Barney came to mind and a meeting was set up at the dog park for the couple to meet Barney. They wanted to see if he liked water, because they go boating a lot, and if he was energetic because they go jogging every morning. Barney loves water and ran to the water immediately at their meeting. The couple wanted to take him home for a week to try it out. They called Golden Beginnings the next day and said "we want him!" They didn't even want to wait a full week.

I just started crying. I am so happy for Barney. It sounds like a perfect fit for him. I didn't shed any tears the day he left. Like I said, the decision was years in the making and I shed A LOT of tears over the years each time we considered giving Barney back. Some of the girls from Sunday school even prayed for me and Barney at one of the first women's events I attended. They probably thought I was nuts going on and on about my dog. He was a part of our family and I loved him dearly.

Well, the news today is an answer to prayer for sure. I am very sad that I will probably never see Barney again, but I am thankful to know he was picked out by this family. That he was a perfect fit for them. How sweet of God to work it out this way.

0 comments: