Friday, January 9, 2009

2008 in Review

Here's my 2008 review...just a tad late. I started out with some detail on the first few months, and then realized it would take me forever to finish. I'll just let the pictures tell the stories. You'd probably just skim the words anyway!

January - we started of the new year getting ready for our new baby that was due in March. I had a baby shower filled with pink to get ready for our new baby girl. Will got a new big boy room and we got the baby's room ready. We bought a minivan...the ultimate mommy mobile (which I have really enjoyed. I may not look cool, but it has made life easier!) We said good-bye to our rambunctious golden retriever, Barney, as he went to live with another family that could care for him better.We miss the idea of having a dog, but we don't miss having a dog.

February brought a surprise delivery. Our little girl came 2 weeks early. Carissa Kate was born
on the 27th. And so began our transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4.




In March we had a lot of company. Because I had a c-section I needed lots of help. I couldn't drive or lift Will. First my Mom stayed for a little over a week, then Brad's parents came for a week, then my step-mom came, then my sister and Brad's parents came back at the very end of March. I could not have done it without all of their help. We are very blessed to have such a loving and giving family.
During those first weeks we took a lot of pictures of Carissa. Will wasn't used to someone else having the spotlight, so he decided to jump in and pose for some pictures too.


In April, after everyone left we started to settle in to a "new normal." I still don't think I had my head above water yet.





At least in the midst of all of the chaos and messes, Will kept us laughing (and crying...just look at that mess!!!)







And overall, Carissa was a really good baby. She woke up a lot at night, but she was content and happy most of the time.










May brought more time outside in the beautiful spring weather. Will got a new play set just in time. Our kind neighbors were getting rid of theirs and offered it to us. We were blessed by their generosity.




Our friend Jeff went skydiving for his 30th birthday. Will has been talking about "share-a-pooting" and "shoot-a-pooting" ever since. Those phrases are forever etched in our memories.






Family time in May.









Cousin Brenna's birthday in June.








Pretend camping indoors in July.








Hanging out at home in August.









Family Vacation to Arkansas in September.








Fun outside with Austin, our neighbor.







Carissa starting to crawl in October just before she turned 10 months.







Will was a handyman for Halloween and Carissa was a bunny rabbit. Will really "got it" this year and enjoyed trick-or-treating.








Carissa started pulling up about the same time she learned how to crawl. She's a strong little girl.









Will at his 3rd birthday party. It was a train theme, so he dressed up like a train conductor.









Will riding his big boy bike he got for his birthday.











I think he liked his train table we surprised him with the morning of his actual birthday.










Brad and Will went on their first camping trip right before Thanksgiving. They made s'mores, went fishing, slept in a tent and froze their noses off.















Cousin Krista with Carissa on Thanksgiving.










Carissa's first picture with Santa Claus.







Will's pic with Santa.


We went to visit G'G'ma in early December. Here Carissa is being a rare snuggle bug.







Here is the best present we got in 2008.








Arrrrrrrrrrr matey! Our little pirate with her eye patch. The doc said we need to strengthen her eyes.










Brothers with their baby girls.









Grandma and Carissa on Christmas Eve.









Cousins - Will, Maggie, Korbin and Gracie







Christmas morning.

"Will, don't hit your sister with those golf clubs!!"





Decorating cookies at Nana and Granddad's.







2008 has passed and gone, but in 2009, we're going to rock on!

0 comments: