First some things about Will:
1. He loves being musical. He's always enjoyed music, but now he wants to play it. I noticed this especially yesterday in the car. I was trying to keep him awake so his afternoon nap would not be ruined, so I turned on some peppy country music. He proceeded to play air guitar, air piano, and air drums announcing each instrument as he heard and played them. His daddy told me last night while I was gone Willie Nelson and some other good ole' Texas musicians were on TV and Will was practically elated with joy to play with them on his air instruments. (Note to Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents:buy Will age appropriate musical instruments for his birthday and for Christmas. Give us gift receipts....we don't want 10 mini guitars)
2. Will used to only say "no". Now he can give a hearty yes in approval. It sounds like "yyyeeeesss." Makes him and his parents smile big, every time.
3. Will played alone for the first time at the Chic-fil-a indoor playland yesterday. I sat in the dining area watching him. He was so proud of himself. He's too little to climb up the "steps", but he can climb up the tall windy slide with out shoes and socks and get to the top that way. He would look through the big plastic bubbles with the biggest grin, and I could read his mouth saying "mommy, mommy, mommy!!" very excitedly. Could my heart melt any more??
4. He's had some allergies or a little cold recently. Not fun, but the Benadryl really makes him mellow. I can deal with mellow. All you moms, say it with me "great afternoon naps!! Love them!"



Here are some new things about Amy:
(there are tons, but I will try to keep it brief)
1. For starters, I don't have morning sickness any more. Stopped at week 14. Praise God, praise God, praise God, hallelujah!!!!! (I still have brief smell aversions, but that's nothing compared to all day nausea!! I just about went nuts!!)
2. God has turned this melancholy into a sanguine ( I'm still and introvert and need my alone time to recharge!) I can't get over how much fun I'm having! (O Lord, please keep me dependant and humble!)
3. Somewhere in all of this I think I've grown up. I realize I am no longer a child. This has reaped huge benefits in the discipline of my child and my dog (really, I'm not kidding, my dog!) The Super Nanny and Dog Whisperer would be so proud of me. I'm a model student. We also have a new pediatrician and veterinarian, both of which have nice, friendly office staff and know how to ask good questions and care about you! Gee, what a concept!! I have noooo problem paying them.
4. Today was my first day at the gym. I look pregnant (or fat...but people there will soon know I'm pregnant and not fat.) I was there 2 hours. Took full advantage of the childcare. Will loves it. My heart rate makes me work out really slow...it probably looks ridiculous. I ride like 2 mph on the bike for 50 minutes. I listen to an MP3 player and I try not to raise my hands like Rocky Balboa...I know I would be praising the Lord, but the other gym people would really wonder about me. I'm trying to keep freaking people out at a minimum with the new Amy.
5. My pregnancy forgetfulness is in full swing, which is great because I have been forgetting all of my anxieties too! What a deal! I've forgotten how to spell too. Thank you spell check!!
I just love writing this blog....I hope you like reading it!
3 comments:
Glad to hear about all your new-ness! What about Brad? Anything new with him (other than his "new" wife?)
praise God for newness! im so glad to hear all those things! love ya girl!
As a fellow sanguine...welcome to the club. :)
Post a Comment