Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bummer

This accident has taught me on many levels that things don't always go as planned.  I was hoping to go to see and stay with Brad today.  Last night my calf started hurting...the one that's in the cast.  It was like someone had goosed me in the middle of my muscle and the pain just would not go away.  It persisted through the night and subsided a little this morning, until I got up.  Anytime I try to put my leg down it starts throbbing again.  With all of the blood clots in my family...Brad's mom, my step-dad and my aunt, my mind immediately starts thinking about that possibility.  I called the Dr.'s office this morning.  The nurse said she thought I probably just over did it yesterday as I was on my feet for most of the day.  I am suppose to rest all day and keep my leg elevated, which means I cannot go to Dallas today.  I have an appointment at 8am in the morning if my leg pain does not stop.  All of this caused the flood gate of tears to finally open up.  I'm sad that Brad is alone in Dallas, I'm scared that my leg pain is a blood clot, I'm bummed I have to sit here all day, I have paper work to sort through, faxes to send, a van to buy, Christmas presents to wrap, kids I haven't seen or hugged in 4 days.  I'm feeling overwhelmed right now.  Please pray for me.

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Amy, I'm so sorry. And I'm praying. Hang in there.

A is for Audrey said...

i'm praying, amy. i wish i could hug you.