Brad was taken to have surgery around 9pm. They think the whole process will take around 6 hours, so he should be back in his room around 3am. Please pray that his surgeon is alert, thinking clearly, and that God will guide him.
My mom and step-dad brought me to Parkland and they needed to be at home to get ready to take the kids tomorrow. I didn't really want to stay at Parkland, it's not a Holiday Inn for sure. My friend and college roommate, Sarah, lives in the area and she and her family graciously took me in for the night. THANK YOU, SARAH AND FAMILY! Sarah even halted a Christmas shopping trip while her husband was watching their 3 kids to come and pick me up. Now THAT is sacrifice! (Amen Moms!?!) They are going to take me back up to the hospital in the morning. It's so nice to be closer tonight and be able to get back over to Brad in the morning without a 1 1/2 drive.
I was coming up the stairs at Sarah's, with her carefully spotting me from behind, and right as I got to the top I lost my balance and fell forward. I landed straight on my cast. My ankle feels a bit tingly, but I'm not in pain, thankfully. Just pray that I didn't damage anything further. I think I just want to be walking normal again so bad, I almost try to do things the way I normally can...but I have to remember that I can't walk normal right now and I need to be cautious. I will definitely be using the "booty scoot" down the stairs tomorrow morning!!
Pray for the kids as they transition from one grandparent's care to another's tomorrow. They are doing well, but I know all of this change has to be hard on them.
Happy Pappy Day
1 month ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment