Today I had my 2 week checkup and the doctor said everything was looking good. There wasn't any more damage or displacement. He wants me to keep the cast on and stay off of it for 2 more weeks...I was a little bummed. I was kind of hoping I could move into a walking cast or brace. He said that the break in my ankle was his main concern. That although it doesn't look bad, that because of where it is on the tibia next to the ankle joint, any weight on it could cause it to crack further. He said there were little stress lines close to the fracture and that putting weight on my leg could cause those to worsen as well. So, I'm still hopping along on crutches or scooting around in the wheelchair.
Today I got a rental car after my doctor's appointment and I drove myself over to Parkland. Thankfully there was a handicap spot out front. I found a nice man to get my wheelchair out of the trunk and then I rolled my self right up to Brad's room. Other than getting my wheelchair in and out of the car, just taking my stuff with me is tricky. Everything is a new adventure and the little victories, like driving again, seem like such a big deal. It's nice to have a little independence.
I will drive back to Weatherford tonight and hopefully Brad will get moved into Zale so I can stay with him again soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment