I got back to Brad's room around 9am this morning. He was looking pretty pale and puny when I got here. He was feeling pretty nauseous and they had just given him a shot to try to control that. It really seemed to help after about 30 minutes.
One of the trauma surgery nurses came in and was able to show us Brad's x-rays and explain the surgery to us. It was really nice to finally see what the actual damage is and how they have repaired his leg. I took pictures of the x-rays of his left leg, so I will post those as soon as I can. The surgery went as well as it could go. He will stay at Parkland for a day or two and then they will transfer him back to Zale Lipshy for inpatient rehab. He will be there for 1-2 weeks and then he will be released to go home and do outpatient physical therapy. Hopefully he can be home (Weatherford) by Christmas Eve. We will take it all one day at a time and see how God directs his path.
When I got here this morning, Brad had a new roommate. He seemed like a nice enough guy. The nurse came in and I could hear her telling him, that they had another room open, that he could move to. I didn't think too much of it. They came and wheeled him to another room, which really opens up a lot of space in Brad's room. The nurse came back after he was gone and told me, "I didn't want to say anything while he was still here, but the guy that was in here was having psych issues and thought that Brad was conspiring against him. He told the security guards that Brad threatened to kill him. We decided it was just best to move him" Crazy. There are 3 or so security guards that are sitting outside of rooms right next to Brad's for incarcerated patients. Like I said last night, this is not the Holiday Inn. But it is an interesting place to be.
Brad is sleeping now on a morphine pump.
My dad just arrived and said that they loaded the kids up on donut holes at church and then took them for pancakes and loaded them up on syrup and then gave them to my mom. Cruel. :o)
Thank you for the continued prayers.
Happy Pappy Day
1 month ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment