Monday, December 6, 2010

It's a total loss

It should probably come to no surprise that our car is a total loss. The adjuster said that he could tell the impact was very great due to the condition of the car frame. As you can see, Brad's side got just about all of the impact. He said the engine was pushed back into the firewall causing the dash to be push forward significantly. We will see what our settlement is and then I guess we'll shop for a new van. Brad won't be driving for some time, but I can probably drive now.





We had a good night last night. Brad said it was the best night of sleep he's had yet. I ventured downstairs to buy guest food tray vouchers. It was a fun little adventure in my wheelchair getting in and out of elevators. It's also interesting to see how people react when I come wheeling up.
Brad's doing lots of therapy today. Bed exercises, getting in and out of bed, pull his PT around the hallway. I took a picture of this, but I cannot get the images off of my camera at this time. Our friends cannot find our camera cord in our house and it's apparently some special cord with the tiniest usb (???not sure what you would call it) attachment that goes into the camera. We have a Sony Cybershot Model DSC-W190if anyone happens to have an extra one. :o) I'll probably look it up online here in a bit.

0 comments: