Brad slept better last night. Yea! The kids came to see Brad for the first time today. It seemed to go well, although it's hard to know what their little minds are thinking. The hospital had a "recreational therapy" event for rehab patients and their families. They were making Christmas decorations. It was perfect timing for the kid's visit. We could all be together and they were entertained. My parents took the kids home and left me here. I'm going to stay a night or two. We're like an old married couple. One hobbling along on crutches, one mostly bed bound that takes an occasional wheelchair stroll. Brad: "Can you help me get the blanket off of my feet?" , me: "Sure, just a minute, it might take me a sec to get to your feet." Just a fun glimpse of what's down the road. And thankfully, we still have a road to travel down.
Physically I feel pretty good. I have some discomfort in my foot and ankle and still in my abdomen, but it's really not painful anymore. It's hard to get around and I feel very confined in my cast. Today I pushed myself along in the wheelchair around the hospital and that was a freeing feeling.
One last victory today was I finally got an internet connection on my laptop. My step mom will be so glad to hear this, as I had hijacked her laptop over the last week.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section and I'll try to answer them!
Happy Pappy Day
1 month ago
2 comments:
Continuing to pray for healing! Love you guys!! Love, Olivia
Amy, I am so glad to hear that ya'll are doing so well, considering what you've been through. WE all at EBC are praying for you guys. Bro Frank had Linda share the McDonalds/Italy story about the phone call to Brad from Italy in church for us on Sunday morning. We all had a good laugh and we praised God together for Linda's much improved health and that they we able to be there with you guys. She played some beautiful Christmas music that we all enjoyed very much too. They seem to be handling all of this very well. WE well continue to lift your entire family up in our prayers daily. Prasie be to God!
Theresa, Gery, Heath & JW
Post a Comment